Month for fireworks in long term care
It’s a month for fireworks, especially for long-term care
July. It always means one sure thing around this country: heightened anticipation of fireworks.
This year, more than ever, you could also call it a time for heightened fireworks anxiety. Especially since long-term care is getting an enhanced batch this year.
The first parcel actually came earlier this week in Wednesday’s release of the final Phase 3 guidance for the Requirements of Participation. At 876 pages, this whopper would require its own keg of gunpowder to send it flying. An idea more than a few providers might entertain soon enough.
June 30, 2022
Berklan, James. “It’s a Month for Fireworks, Especially for Long-Term Care.” McKnight’s Long-Term Care News, 30 June 2022, www.mcknights.com/daily-editors-notes/its-a-month-for-fireworks-especially-for-long-term-care.
- CMS: QSO Memo 22-19-NH Revised Long-Term Care Surveyor Guidance
- CMS: Technical Users’ Guide July 2022
- CMS: PBJ Policy Manual Version 2.6 (June 2022)
- CMS: State Operations Manual: Appendix PP Guidance to Surveyors of Long Term Care Facilities
Survey Inspection Guidance News
- News: Updated Guidance for Nursing Home Resident Health and Safety
- News: CMS Issues Significant Updates to Improve the Safety and Quality Care for Long-Term Care Residents
- News: CMS Updates Nursing Home Medicare Requirements of Participation Guidance
- News: CMS Announces Updates to Improve Safety and Quality of Long-term Care Facilities
- News: CMS targets staffing in updated ROP
- News: Medicare, Medicaid to Take Closer Look at Nursing Home Staffing
- News: New employee interviews, deeper dive into PBJ data could lead to more survey citations
- News: Appendix PP Revisions in the State Operations Manual: Breaking Down Key Changes
- News: PBJ Data Use in Surveys Serves as ‘Breadcrumbs’ to Looming Federal Staffing Mandate
Five Star Ratings News
- News: ‘Counterintuitive to the Goal:’ Impending Five-Star Staffing Measures Don’t Address Ongoing Labor Challenges
- News: Revised CMS PBJ Manual
- News: CMS Issues Guidance on Five-Star Staffing Measures
- News: Turnover, weekend staffing levels now in Five-Star ratings
- News: Thousands of nursing homes face lower Five-Star ratings
- News: Lots to learn with new Five-Star
- News: CMS Officially Adds Weekend Staffing, Turnover to Five-Star Quality Ratings
- News: 1 in 3 nursing homes fall in staffing under new CMS Five-Star rating system
- News: Ensuring Accuracy of Staffing Ratings in Nursing Home Care Compare