CMS Updates Nursing Home Medicare Requirements of Participation Guidance
CMS Updates Nursing Home Medicare Requirements of Participation Guidance, Furthers Biden Reform Agenda
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on Wednesday issued updated guidance for nursing home surveyors under the requirements of participation for Medicare and Medicaid, and in support of nursing home reform initiatives first unveiled in February.
As providers and industry associations digested the updates, one familiar theme emerged: concern over new requirements and regulatory pressures at a time when the sector is still facing Covid-related challenges and a labor crisis.
Staffing and infection control are among the main areas of focus in the CMS guidance.
Skilled Nursing News
June 29, 2022
Stulick, Amy. “CMS Updates Nursing Home Medicare Requirements of Participation Guidance, Furthers Biden Reform Agenda.” Skilled Nursing News, 29 June 2022, skillednursingnews.com/2022/06/cms-updates-nursing-home-medicare-requirements-of-participation-guidance-furthers-biden-reform-agenda.
- CMS: QSO Memo 22-19-NH Revised Long-Term Care Surveyor Guidance
- CMS: Technical Users’ Guide July 2022
- CMS: PBJ Policy Manual Version 2.6 (June 2022)
- CMS: State Operations Manual: Appendix PP Guidance to Surveyors of Long Term Care Facilities
Survey Inspection Guidance News
- News: Updated Guidance for Nursing Home Resident Health and Safety
- News: CMS Issues Significant Updates to Improve the Safety and Quality Care for Long-Term Care Residents
- News: CMS Announces Updates to Improve Safety and Quality of Long-term Care Facilities
- News: CMS targets staffing in updated ROP
- News: Medicare, Medicaid to Take Closer Look at Nursing Home Staffing
- News: Month for fireworks in long term care
- News: New employee interviews, deeper dive into PBJ data could lead to more survey citations
- News: Appendix PP Revisions in the State Operations Manual: Breaking Down Key Changes
- News: PBJ Data Use in Surveys Serves as ‘Breadcrumbs’ to Looming Federal Staffing Mandate
Five Star Ratings News
- News: ‘Counterintuitive to the Goal:’ Impending Five-Star Staffing Measures Don’t Address Ongoing Labor Challenges
- News: Revised CMS PBJ Manual
- News: CMS Issues Guidance on Five-Star Staffing Measures
- News: Turnover, weekend staffing levels now in Five-Star ratings
- News: Thousands of nursing homes face lower Five-Star ratings
- News: Lots to learn with new Five-Star
- News: CMS Officially Adds Weekend Staffing, Turnover to Five-Star Quality Ratings
- News: 1 in 3 nursing homes fall in staffing under new CMS Five-Star rating system
- News: Ensuring Accuracy of Staffing Ratings in Nursing Home Care Compare