CMS to Crack Down on Staffing
CMS to Crack Down on Staffing, Separate Short- and Long-Term Stays in SNF Star Rating Overhaul
Starting April 24, CMS will automatically hand out one-star staffing ratings to buildings that have four or more days in a quarter with no registered nurse on site, down from the current seven-day standard.
“Nurse staffing has the greatest impact on the quality of care nursing homes deliver, which is why CMS analyzed the relationship between staffing levels and outcomes,” the agency said in a Tuesday statement announcing the new rules for the Five-Star Quality Rating System.
Skilled Nursing News
March 5, 2019
Spanko, Alex. “CMS to Crack Down on Staffing, Separate Short- and Long-Term Stays in SNF Star Rating Overhaul.” Skilled Nursing News, 5 Mar. 2019, skillednursingnews.com/2019/03/cms-to-crack-down-on-staffing-separate-short-and-long-term-stays-in-snf-star-rating-overhaul.
- CMS: QSO Memo 19-08-NH Improvements to Nursing Home Compare and the Five Star rating system
- CMS: Technical Users Guide updated April 2019
- News: CMS makes changes to nursing home star ratings
- News: Nursing homes subject to one star rating if they go more than four days without an RN onsite
- News: Senate Finance Committee hearing focuses on nursing home abuse
- News: CMS: Hundreds More Buildings Could Receive One-Star Staffing Ratings Under New Rules
- News: PBJ Priorities Avoid Top Errors & Identify Effects on Star Ratings & PDPM
- News: CMS Launches Comprehensive Review of Nursing Homes Regulation
- News: CMS using data to better monitor nursing home performance
- News: CMS moves the goalposts for Staffing Five-Star ratings
- News: CMS Brings Changes to Nursing Home Compare and Five-Star Ratings in April 2019
- News: Nursing homes experience a lack of … nurses
- News: PBJ questions, answered
- News: States now required to conduct at least 50% of off-hour surveys on weekends
- News: Nursing Homes’ Star Ratings Significantly Impacted by New CMS Updates
- News: How Skilled Nursing Facilities Can Win Under the New Five-Star System