CMS Announces Updates to Improve Safety and Quality of Long-term Care Facilities
CMS Announces Updates to Improve Safety and Quality of Long-Term Care Facilities
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued a number of updates for long-term care facilities regarding health and safety standards that must be met for their participation in both programs to continue.
The updates come as part of the Biden administration’s initiative to promote safety and improve the quality of long-term care facilities throughout the country.
“As the COVID-19 pandemic highlighted, we have a pressing moral responsibility to ensure that residents of long-term care facilities are treated with the respect and dignity they deserve,” Chiquita Brooks-LaSure, CMS administrator, said in a statement.
June 30, 2022
HealthLeaders. “CMS Announces Updates to Improve Safety and Quality of Long-Term Care Facilities.” HealthLeaders Media, 30 June 2022, www.healthleadersmedia.com/post-acute/cms-announces-updates-improve-safety-and-quality-long-term-care-facilities.
- CMS: QSO Memo 22-19-NH Revised Long-Term Care Surveyor Guidance
- CMS: Technical Users’ Guide July 2022
- CMS: PBJ Policy Manual Version 2.6 (June 2022)
- CMS: State Operations Manual: Appendix PP Guidance to Surveyors of Long Term Care Facilities
Survey Inspection Guidance News
- News: Updated Guidance for Nursing Home Resident Health and Safety
- News: CMS Issues Significant Updates to Improve the Safety and Quality Care for Long-Term Care Residents
- News: CMS Updates Nursing Home Medicare Requirements of Participation Guidance
- News: CMS targets staffing in updated ROP
- News: Medicare, Medicaid to Take Closer Look at Nursing Home Staffing
- News: Month for fireworks in long term care
- News: New employee interviews, deeper dive into PBJ data could lead to more survey citations
- News: Appendix PP Revisions in the State Operations Manual: Breaking Down Key Changes
- News: PBJ Data Use in Surveys Serves as ‘Breadcrumbs’ to Looming Federal Staffing Mandate
Five Star Ratings News
- News: ‘Counterintuitive to the Goal:’ Impending Five-Star Staffing Measures Don’t Address Ongoing Labor Challenges
- News: Revised CMS PBJ Manual
- News: CMS Issues Guidance on Five-Star Staffing Measures
- News: Turnover, weekend staffing levels now in Five-Star ratings
- News: Thousands of nursing homes face lower Five-Star ratings
- News: Lots to learn with new Five-Star
- News: CMS Officially Adds Weekend Staffing, Turnover to Five-Star Quality Ratings
- News: 1 in 3 nursing homes fall in staffing under new CMS Five-Star rating system
- News: Ensuring Accuracy of Staffing Ratings in Nursing Home Care Compare