With many questions coming from the industry, a new version was quickly released when CMS delivered PBJ Policy Manual version 2.1 in April, 2016, just two months before the official start of the PBJ program on July 1, 2016. Updates included:
- Direction to use unique Employee ID’s for contract and agency staff
- Introduction of the “midnight split” defining the reporting time for hours worked to be midnight to midnight each day
- Clarification of when to report additional paid hours for salaried staff working more than the standard 8 hours they are paid
- More specific instructions on reporting hours for Medical Directors, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech Therapists, Corporate staff, staff in training and staff at hospital-based SNFs.
- Made Job Titles 36 (Clinical Laboratory Services) and 37 (Diagnostic X-ray Services) optional to report, not required
The “midnight split” rule and requirement for contact staff further separated payroll-based journal data from the norms of timekeeping data used in payroll systems.
Don’t see the Download button?
Get a free Access Pass to access all our PBJ Library archives.